Light the way

8.30.2013

Back to school time

School is back in session around these parts, which means Daniel is as well.   Man am I proud of him for doing school and still working full time.   I think he's enjoying his classes so far, he has two at the college and two online classes.  I like to give him a special surprise each time a semester starts.  This time I went to the store and got a few little gifts to put in a package.  I try to make them useful for school or work and throw in a few goodies too.   I didn't take a picture of each individual gift but here's the bag I put it all in

IMG_20130820_195407.jpg 

While Daniel's gone all day I try to be productive, but usually I left with a lot of bored time.   I usually do cleaning if its needed in the morning and then do a lot of sewing or other little projects.   Here are a few of my resent sewing projects.

I've been attempting skirts for myself that usually end up not fitting, so this time I attempted a dress.   I was going for an old fashioned 40s  50s style.  well it was getting pretty cute.   I tried it on and again it didn't fit.  I think it would fit if it was on, but its getting it up those darn curves.   I ended up turning it into a skirt.  It is a wrap around type skirt.  I'm pretty happy with it.
IMG_20130816_125051.jpgdress attempt
IMG_20130816_155008.jpgfinished product


I also have been kind of interested in making baby clothes, so I made two really cute little baby girl dresses.  Floral one was first so not the neatest work, the black and gray one I'm really proud of an wish I made it in my size haha
IMG_20130814_153011.jpg about a 9-12 month size IMG_20130815_165256.jpg newborn size

No comments:

Post a Comment