Light the way

7.28.2013

July 24th and all that followed

This week was filled with many events, and some very exciting family get togethers.

Our 24th was pretty good.  We didn't really have plans with any family, so we decided to spend it at home.  We did some much needed deep cleaning.   I keep our house pretty clean during the week, but never get down and dirty, behind appliances and cupboards.   It was great to have a day with Daniel.  We tried to rearrange our living room, when you live in an apartment there's just not a lot of ways to put your furniture.  So it ended up back how it started, darn.  We ate salads and some fun appetizers for dinner, and ended our evening snuggled up on the couch with a movie.  

We also went to the temple this week,  little did we know that we were going to be apart of a sign language session.  It was an interesting experience to be apart of.   It definitely made me grateful for the ability I have to hear.  There was also a gentleman there that was blind and deaf so I was grateful for both of those senses.  I had this adorable old lady next to me that I had the privilege of helping out when she needed it.   You could tell she was struggling at times and it was a touching moment to be needed in such a way.   When we got to the end of the session I asked her name and was able to talk to her for a few minutes.  You know those moments where you just feel like you were in the right place at right time, well that was one of those moments.   I also had put a pin with my temple clothes a few months prior and was able to adjust some of her clothing with it.   Sometimes its hard to find the time to go to the temple but its experiences like that, that make me aware of the reasons why.  Not only are we doing temple work for those who have passed without having the privilege but there's also so many people who need your example at the temple. 

On Friday we had the wonderful opportunity to go to court.  Under good circumstances thank goodness. Daniel's brother A and his wife K finalized there adoption.   They adopted there adorable little girl back in Jan. but they had to wait for 6 months to finalize before a judge.   It was so exciting to be in this official court room and to see our other brother be the lawyer.    They were so happy and make the most adorable little family.  We got to hold there little girl for the first time since she was a few days old.   She just stared at us and smiled and giggled, super cute special little miracle. 

On Sat.   We were able to again meet up with the Hepworth family and see A and K and there daughter get sealed.   I'm so glad I could witness this wonderful event.  A and K are probably the sweetest people in this world and there daughter is so lucky to get to be with them for eternity.  The sealing was just a perfect.  There little girl just smiled and giggled at the temple sealer.  They also blessed her that afternoon while family was all in town.


We had such a great week, we hope you all did too.


Now that I've already gave this as a gift, I'll feature a craft I had made ( with the help of my sister)
I gave it to A and K as a special little gift for this exciting time in there life.

No comments:

Post a Comment