Light the way

7.22.2013

Just Rub Some Dirt On It

Camping can get really dirty,  our shower proved when we got home.

We had the opportunity to go camping this past weekend with my family.  We started our adventure Thurs. night.  I waited patiently (I was kind of excited, slightly bossy because I was ready to get there) for Daniel  to get home from work.   We got all packed up and headed on the road.  We camped up a canyon near Tooele.  It was a very spacious camp ground  with lots of nature to view.  We ate great meals,  we had a few comments that food is just always better when your camping.  I completely agree.  We slept in my brothers trailer with him and his wife.   It was nice not to have to set up a tent and to have a bathroom right there (out door bathrooms not so glamorous).  On Friday the rest of the family came up and it was great to have everyone there.  We went home Sat afternoon to get cleaned up and take a much needed nap.   We had such a good time,  and are glad we got to spend time with family.  Here's some pictures of all our fun.

from a distance the campsite

Typically what the campsite looked like, trying to get as much shade as we could

Trailer on the left is my parents, other trailer is my Brothers (which we slept in)

The boys got bored so built a swing, didn't work so well but it kept them entertained for a few.  Daniel didn't attempt because he said he didn't have anything to prove. Which I totally agree and he was the smart one.  All of them said they may have hurt themselves.
The bunk bed we slept on the first night, then we slept on the floor the other nights

Daniel played this game with my dad and Bro in-law.  I kept on telling him if he scored high I'd reward him with a kiss (I'm sure a camping kiss is just what he wanted haha) I paid up though and he got a smooch or two.

My dad brought some leather work stuff for anyone who wanted to make something

the men got into wood carving, here's Dan and my Dad carving some wood

decided to leave our marks  aaawwww

no make up, lack of sleep Juliann + scruffy, lack of sleep Daniel = camping faces

Birthday boy Tanner.  He turned 2 on Friday so he was given this costume and wore it proudly

Daniel exploring the steep slope

The pretty blue sky,  major heat though,  It was a very hot few days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment