Light the way

2.09.2013

Defending the Red White and Pink

AKA the Lovers Holiday


I love Valentines Day (period)  yes its a very commercialized Holiday, but its still a Holiday.   Many people hate the holiday mainly because a lot of time they don't have someone to celebrate with or they don't think that one day should be the day to express your love for your certain someone.   Some people need to stop being haters and start using it as an extra day to share your love.  Yes I tell my husband I love him everyday, Yes I kiss and hug him everyday, and Yes I do nice things for him and him back to me all the time.   I still can't wait for V-day, because I hope to do it more that day.   Holidays are meant to be spent with loved ones and celebrate, why is Valentines any different. 

So just incase my hubby reads this I wont post my plans but I hope to after.  I'll show you my cute love decorated house though.  


Got these cute XoXo signs at Tei Pan with the Christmas gift card Daniel got me.
Love decor
 
 
 
 
 
I also wanted to share a great recipe I made a couple Sundays ago.  Its called Monterey Chicken,  Its on Chilis menu.  Well Daniel loves it so much so I found a recipe and tried it out.  I also liked it and will be adding it to our recipe book.  
I took frozen Chicken breasts I pre cooked them a little because cooking Chicken kind of scares me for how long and it being cooked long enough.   You take the chicken spread bbq sauce on both sides wrap in uncooked bacon cook in oven until chicken is done and bacon crispy.  Take out of oven sprinkle with colby jack cheese (I used fiesta blend)  then place choped tomatoes (I used rotel tomatoes with green chilis)  and green onions and place back in oven until cheese is melted. 
I served with some garlic rice and a veggie. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment