Light the way

5.12.2015

My first Mother's Day

So this year was my official first Mother's Day, and it was wonderful.  I love being a mom, and it helps that I have an adorable baby to be a mom too.  Daniel surprised me by coming home and telling me a few days prior to Sat. that his sister was babysitting on Sat. so he could take me on a date for Mother's Day.  I thought it was so sweet.  I was pretty excited because with a little one and living on a budget dates usually don't happen as much as we would like.  They usually are just playing a game once the babes has went to bed.  So needless to say this date was needed and was so much fun.  Daniel let me choose what we were doing for an activity and then choosing where to go for lunch.  We went bowling at BYUs bowling alley, then he showed me around the library where he'd been working, then surprised me with letting me pick out a few books for L, then Chili's for lunch.  I love my husband so much and am grateful that although I'm not his Mother he recognizes that I'm his daughters mother and wanted to do something special for me.  On Sunday he even humored me and wore a matching tie to match me and L (wish I would have got a picture)  Our ward did cinnamon rolls for all the women in the ward.
 Bowling fun
 us cuties
 The 3rd game, Daniels win
 The 2nd game, My win 
 Cajun pasta=Heaven on a plate
Daniels hamburger with onion rings on it

No comments:

Post a Comment