Light the way

5.16.2014

Wedding bells are ringing

A friend of my moms asked me a few months back if I would make some wedding table decorations for her daughters upcoming wedding.  I was thrilled that she asked and was excited to have something to keep me busy for a little while.  I also was pretty nervous saying yes,  this was someones wedding and I wasn't confident in my level of skill.  I also just didn't want to make a mistake, or the fear of getting all done and it not being what they pictured.  I'm happy to say though that it was a success and they loved it.   The bride to be wanted a southern/rustic type wedding.  She is from the south and wanted it to have elegance in the colors but that rustic charm that could be added in the details.   So this is what I came up with. 

Her colors were pale pink, cream, champagne

 I made her throw bouquet and two little bouquets for flower girls
 This is the base of her bouquet
 These were just veggie cans spray painted cream and then I put burlap then lace over the top
 I made this sign that she could put by the cards table
I also did these really adorable jars but forgot to take a picture.  They were just simple canning jars, I threaded pearls on twine and wrapped it around the jar a few times, for the lid I just took some lace put in on paper then screwed the lid back on.
My dad took this picture of what the tables looked like at the actual wedding. 
I'm hoping that if she posts some pictures on facebook I can maybe snag a few to put on here. 

I sure do love decorating and doing fun stuff like this

No comments:

Post a Comment