Light the way

5.14.2013

Whatcha Got Cookin

I thought I'd give a couple recipes I've tried resently

Breakfast for the last like 3 weeks because there so good,  just don't do what I do and eat them for 3 weeks straight or then you will get sick of them.  There great though, and I kind of like to think that the whole wheat in them makes them more healthy.  (who knows though?)

Whole Wheat Muffins
I got the recipe from a cooking blog I follow

2C whole wheat flour
1C brown sugar
1/4 t salt
1t baking soda
1C milk
1 stick of melted butter (I use margarine)
1 egg
1t vanilla

Mix all the dry together, and all the wet in a seperate bowl.  Mix all the ingredients together, until wet.  Pour into a greased muffin tin.   Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 min. 


I eat two for breakfast, put them in the microwave for 20 sec then spread a little butter on them.


Next recipe was dinner tonight

Turkey Pesto Guacamole Melt

I bought these asiago buns from Fresh Market as the bread
1 avacado mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoon pesto sauce
turkey lunch meat
provalone cheese

Cut the buns down the middle
spread the avacado pesto mixture on one side
place cheese and turkey on the other side

put on cookie sheet and cook for 8 to 10 minutes at 350  or until cheese is melted

 
 
There ya have it some of the Hepworth favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment